I trained with Barbara Scott, who developed and pioneered this specialist therapy. The treatment can be used as a stand-alone treatment to support natural conception or alongside all forms of assisted conception including Clomid, IUI, IVF and ICSI. It can also be used to support individuals and couples using surrogacy or donors in IVF cycles.
One in six couples in the UK are now experiencing difficulties in conceiving, in addition to this, male fertility has declined by 50% in the last 25 years
Couples are finding that they are having difficulties getting pregnant. There are, of course, many complex factors involved in the casual factors for both male and female fertility. Male fertility is still marginalised by fertility clinics who very much focus on the female, but fertility issues are attributable proportionately, a third male, a third female and a third joint. This means that males are involved in approximately 50% of all cases of infertility and repeated miscarriage, and yet very little is done to explore these issues further. Many couples are now being offered IVF/ICSI with very little in the way of tests that might help them to understand what these might be and allow them to conceive naturally.
- It uses specific and prescriptive treatment protocols to address fertility health and any underlying conditions for both men and women.
- It aims to regulate menstrual cycles and ensure that each stage is functioning at its best.
- It aims to improve sperm production and functionality.
- It uses structured treatment protocols supporting all forms of assisted conception.
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Progesterone deficiency
- Menorrhagia - heavy but regular bleeds
- Amenorrhoea - an absence of periods usually created by a hormonal imbalance
- Intermenstrual bleeding - during the menstrual cycle
- Oligomenorrhoea - infrequent bleeding
- Dysmenorrhoea - painful periods
- Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Endometriosis/adenomyosis - when the inner lining of the uterus breaks through the muscle wall of the uterus
- Fibroids- benign growths in the uterus
- Salpingitis - infection/inflammation of the fallopian tubes
- Cervicitis – swelling/inflammation of the cervix caused by infection.
- After-effects of mumps (this may cause a problem in men if they go on to develop Orchitis - inflammation of the testicles as this can damage sperm production)
- Hormone imbalance
- Varicocele (varicose vein affecting the testicle)
- Vasectomy reversal (it should be noted that it can take up to a year post-reversal for sperm production to return to normal)
- Hydrocele (a collection of fluid in the scrotum surrounding the testicles)
- Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland usually due to bacterial infection
Each couple will have different needs, so my treatments are tailored to the individual requirements. If possible, it is helpful to see both partners at the initial consultation where the full medical and fertility history will be taken, and any previous medical test results discussed. If necessary, I will refer you for additional medical testing within the NHS or private sector. For example, basic sperm testing that is offered under the NHS may not provide enough information, I can then refer you to an andrologist for more detailed analysis or DNA fragmentation. The initial consultation normally takes 90 minutes and is very detailed, I will ask about lifestyle (sleep, diet, exercise, addictions etc) as well as medical isssues or concerns. This information gathering is vital in order to proceed with an effective treatment plan.
All treatment plans are different but I like to see women weekly for at least one full menstrual cycle before re-assessing. Male clients can expect to initially need 8 weekly appointments. Whatever stage you are at in the process of trying to conceive, the treatment plan will be developed to help balance your body so that it is at an optimum level for conception.
For further information and to read how this treatment has helped others : https://reproductivereflexologists.org
If this sounds like a treatment you'd like to try then please get in touch.